Thursday, October 8, 2015

Vincent van Gogh

This is Starry Night over the Rhone by Vincent van Gogh. This was done in 1888. I think this painting is beautiful and inspiring. The image is exaggerated, meaning you would not see this in real life such as, the dramatized reflection of the stars' light on the water. However, that is what I like most about it. There appears to be three main colors -black, yellow and blue. They fade out into different shades and tones. The use of yellow and blue, which are complementary colors is visually appealing. When I first looked at this I didn't see the two boats. Then I realized that the land the people are standing on is more blue and yellow than green. This tells me that there is a lot that can be said about the photo. It's open to many different interpretations and opinions. I like that he captured the beauty of a night sky, although exaggerated, because many people do not get out to see the sky at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment