Thursday, September 3, 2015

Drawing Hands: M.C. Escher

The drawing I chose is a piece by M.C. Escher named "Drawing Hands" in the late 1940's. This type of drawing is a lithograph; a piece made with water and oil. This drawing depicts that both the cuffs on each wrist remain flat on the page while the hands seem that they are lifted off the sheet of paper. I was very interested in this drawing because of how the artist uses his appropriate shading techniques to make the hands look like they are physically coming out of the piece of paper. When I see this image I it reminds me of one hand is helping out another; resembling life. When people are in need as a society and a community we should help one another. I really enjoyed the artists creativity in this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment